CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

6.05.2007

New Song...

I work with a lady, same age as me, and for the longest time I felt the Lord leading me to invite her to church. Well, I know she's been going through a rough time with a divorce and three kids, so I didn't really want to bother her. In January this year one of the other girls we know came to me and said, Did you hear about our friend? I said, No, what? She had been diagnosed with ovarian cancer that spread to her pancreas. She won't be back to work. I had missed my chance. I thought I had all the time in the world to tell her about God, or at the very least to invite her to church. I mean, she's only 29 years old for goodness sake! So, I began to think about the other people in my life that I had an opportunity to share God with but I didn't. This is a song I wrote about these people...

Somewhere Tonight

Becky’s out there somewhere tonight and I hope and pray she’s doing alright
Thirteen years have come and gone since I’ve seen Becky’s face
Every day in our art class, making jokes and praying time would pass
Life went on and now I wonder what Becky’s doing tonight
What Becky’s doing tonight

I kept it secret, why did I never tell
The message of hope that could save her soul from hell
I never told her, she never knew
The light I had inside of me, that she could have it too

Becky’s out there somewhere tonight and I hope and pray she’s doing alright
And somehow by the grace of God I hope that Becky finds the light
That Becky finds the light


Brandi’s out there somewhere tonight and I hope and pray she’s doing alright
Every day we’d go to work and make each other laugh
A couple of times she came to church desperate to find the thing that could end her search
But I moved away and now I wonder what Brandi’s doing tonight
What Brandi’s doing tonight

I kept it secret, why did I never tell
The message of hope that could save her soul from hell
I never told her, she never knew
The light I had inside of me, that she could have it too

Brandi’s out there somewhere tonight and I hope and pray she’s doing alright
And somehow by the grace of God I hope that Brandi finds the light
That Brandi finds the light


Nikki’s out there somewhere tonight and I hope and pray she’s doing alright
I always thought I’d have more time to share the love of Christ
But someone called me late one night and I could tell by their voice something wasn’t right
Sickness had come into Nikki’s body, she was fighting for her life.
She was fighting for her life

I kept it secret, why did I never tell
The message of hope that could save her soul from hell
I never told her, she never knew
The light I had inside of me, that she could have it too

Father forgive me, for what I haven’t done
And give me the boldness to lead others to your Son


Nikki’s out there somewhere tonight and I hope and pray she’s doing alright
And somehow before she runs out of time I hope that Nikki finds the light
That Nikki finds the light
That Brandi finds the light
That Becky finds the light
I pray they all will find your light

3 comments:

Mountain Lover said...

Aimee, I love this song. Thank you so much for sharing it. Most of us are guilty on the same account, and this special song serves as a humble reminder of what is truly important - eternal life with Christ.

BrendaB said...

Hey Aimee...
I love the song and I love the heart behind the song. God is still in control of all things... it is like a child helping a parent bake, we don't stir as much as we should and sometimes forget to crack the egg... but the parent stirs it and adds the egg... the cake gets baked and the parent says great job, and we will do it again soon. That is totally God, always giving us opportunity to help Him but never dependant on us. His yoke is light....

Johanna said...

Hello Aimee!
I pop in and out of your blog to see how/what you are doing. I love this song and wish I could hear you sing it. :.)

Jo

PS: I noticed you had Ashley's page linked on your page and thought I'd send my blog to you, too.
www.xanga.com/joey5176