CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

6.22.2007

And now for something completely different...

Sometimes I wonder why things happen the way they do. As you know, I moved to Michigan almost two years ago with lofty hopes to start a church. Those plans changed soon after we got here and we hooked up with the church we’ve been with since we’ve been here. Well, amazingly enough, our plans have changed yet again. We (Pastor Weatherly, Yatron and I) have decided to part ways with the church we’ve been attending and ministering in for two years, and seek the Lord about what he’d have us do now. Unfortunately, this separation has not happened in a good way, and feelings have been hurt. I would ask, if you think of it, to pray for the members of this church. They’re the ones sort of caught in the middle of everything. Forgive me for not going into details about everything that happened, but just know that we know its time to move on. So pray for us, for our next steps and what we’re supposed to do. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the thought that we might actually start a church here now. Sometimes I think, why did God send me here to begin with? There are so many people who could be more effective, a better witness, more faithful….the list goes on and on. I think of how many people must NOT have answered the call for God to have to end up choosing me to go. And then I am reminded, while I’m not everything I think I ought to be: God didn’t settle, when he sent me. He didn’t say, Well, I guess I’ll have to send Aimee, because she’s the only one left that I can send. Fortunately for me, God doesn’t look upon our faults and shortcomings the way we ourselves look at them. When I look at myself I see all the things I need to work on – when God looks at me, he sees perfection because of Jesus. That’s so awesome, huh? Anyway, yeah, its funny how God took us on a 2 year detour, maybe just to get me to realize that its not about what I think, its about what He thinks. And the cool thing about God, is that while he is teaching me one thing through this set of circumstances, he is teaching Yatron something totally different, and Pastor something totally different too. I guess he is able to do that, being God…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And now for something completely different..."

Hey, maybe God wants to make some noodles, Aimee ;)

Praying for you because I've been there...am there.. will be there again probably

Sara said...

Thankfully, different can be good. I'm excited for you and will be praying for the whole situation. Have a great weekend!