CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4.17.2008

Swimming

I'm currently writing this while sitting in my bathing suit. Don't try to picture it......really don't. All day all I wanted to do was take a swim. A nice litte dip in the ol swimmin hole. I get home wtih thoughts of chlorine running through my head, and there she is - my 6 year old niece, Noelle. (I mean, yeah, I knew she'd be there - she lives here, but I wasn't thinking...) I can't "swim" with my niece. I can hold her and walk with her around the pool and let her jump in on me while I try to catch her. Thats not swimming, thats babysitting in water. I've been duped like this before, and it wasn't going to happen again. I'd just wait for her to go to bed, then I'd get in. 7:32 on the dot, I've got my swim suit, my towel and my brand new goggles - I'm all set. I go outside........ Now, remember - I live in Phoenix. It was supposed to be like 95 degrees here today. I go outside and its windy and chilly - and the pool is cold. I tried standing in the water knee deep to see if I could get used to it. Yeah right, so, now my feet are pruny, my legs are numb frmo the cold water, and I'm still sitting here in my bathing suit wondering if by some miracle the weather has changed and the water has warmed up in the 7 minutes its taken me to log on and write this blog. I'm smarter than that, right? I'll give it another 10 mintues. That should be good!

4 comments:

Sara said...

always the optimist :) Consider, if you were in Colorado, you would have dealt with snow this morning!

Great pic by the way!

The AB club said...

I can't believe it's warm enough to go swimming in Phoenix. Although, my kids have been trying to persuade me otherwise, it is certainly not warm enough to swim in Los Angeles.

Oh, and by the way, 6 year olds can learn how to swim. Give her some swimming lessons and the two of you will be doing laps together.

Anonymous said...

If you lived in Colorado you would only have the wait five minutes ( as the saying goes) I am having a hard time writing this comment because all I see is green... YOU HAVE A POOL IN YOUR BACKYARD!! I am so jealous!
PS- I am sure you look great in your swim suit 30 pounds lighter WAY TO GO!

Stacy said...

Thanks for posting on my blog. So fun to connect with you again!! I was reading down through your blogs and was laughing outloud at the "trapped inside"!!! I SO want to do that with the kids!! That's hysterical...and setting it as a wallpaper is just too much for me not to pee my pants!! Thank you for the great laugh!!! Good to know you are the same Aimee!!

Stacy