CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4.29.2007

One Constant

So, I'm here in Colorado Springs today, visiting some friends here. I'm leaving the Springs today after church to go to Castle Rock to visit another friend, and then fly back to Detroit on Monday. Anyway, for some reason yesterday, it hit me that I'm leaving here soon to go back to Detroit, and I was really sad. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Detroit and my life and all my friends there, but I love my friends here too, and I've missed them so much. So, I was in a somber mood, and Elaina asked if I was okay. Well, that broke the floodgates and I started crying. Elaina was great telling me that its okay to be sad, but we both know that God has a work for me in Michigan. So, not wanting to actually deal with the situation, I hopped in the shower, where I continued my crying in private. :) It was there I cried out to God, and he met me there...in the shower. It was so awesome because he began to share with me that there is always going to be change in life. Even if I moved back to Colorado, it wouldn't be like it was before because people and things change. He reminded me that there is only one thing in life that will never change. One thing that will always remain faithful and true, and thats him. Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever," and Malachi 3:6 says, "I the Lord do not change..." The loving God that he was to me when he saved me almost 14 years ago, is the same God he is today. He reminded me that there are people in our lives for a reason, and sometimes just for a season and that no matter what, I just have to trust him. Maybe I don't have some of these wonderful Colorado friends in my life from day to day. Maybe I can't drive over and see them whenever I want, but they are still in my life, and still important to me, and to God's work in me. I love everyone here so much, but I know I need God's will for my life, not Aimee's. So if that means leaving some of the most important people in my life to do what He wants me to do, then that's what I've got to do. I'm writing this here partially so you can know whats going on in my life, but also as a reminder to me and how I'm feeling today. We always go through times of trouble and doubt, and I can come back to this post and remember all the things God spoke to me this weekend. He is a good God, isn't he? Check back later on for photos from this weekend - trust me - you won't want to miss that....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aimee, its your long lost friend Christy (Witheridge). Would love to catch up with you again. my email is pike_christy@yahoo.com.au website: www.roamingpikes.com Hope to hear from you soon!

Sara said...

Sorry I missed you. I had the joy of riding Greyhound today all the way to Delta to pick up my car. I'm glad to be home and ready for bed. And hey, if you hadn't moved away, how could we miss you so much??