CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4.19.2007

One thing after another....but its not that bad...

Uncle Bob and Aunt Katie


So, the funeral for my uncle was really nice. It was this past Saturday at my mom's house in Phoenix. We didn't have it in a church, and it was really more like a party than a funeral. Well, a party where we were all crying... Anyway, everyone said my uncle would have loved it. I think he would have. Except they crying part. Did I mention there was crying??
Anyway, while I was in Phoenix...for a funeral, mind you - I found out that the company that I work for would be phasing out my job. My last day will be October 31. I've never been laid off before, so this is a whole new experience for me. At least I get 7 months notice, but I live in the Detroit Metro area, where unemployment is one of the highest in the country. You may have heard that Ford and GM are doing major layoffs, well, most of those are in this area. Anyway, I have to say that initially, I was scared at the prospect, but now? Now I'm trusting in God. I know that he always has my best interests in mind. Truthfully, I'm tired of working in a phone center, and I've thought about quitting and doing something I enjoy. But the thought of looking for a new job made me tired, and I just didn't feel like doing it. So God, in his divine wisdom, gave me a Holy kick in the pants. Now, I have no choice but to get out there and find something new. So, I know that God is going to use this whole situation in a good way, isn't that what he meant when he said, What the devil meant for evil, the Lord used for good? Anyway, there are about 2000 people getting the boot, so if you think about it, pray for them. Not everyone is as "holy" as me.

1 comments:

Sara said...

I know something about not having a job and getting a kick in the butt. It is an interesting place to be in. I'll be praying for you and all the others :)