CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

4.09.2007

Tragedy

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've had a pretty rough last week and a half. Things had been going pretty well, especially spiritually. I was reading my word, and praying and feeling close to God, then Friday, March 30th came. My parents, along with my aunt and uncle were in Hawaii on vacation, but it was in celebration of their 30th wedding anniversary. (yes, they both had 30th wedding anniversaries last year, they actually had a double wedding in 1976!) Anyway, they were having a great time, and I even spoke with them on that Thursday and they had just been kayaking. Then, the morning of the 30th, my dad and my uncle Bob had gone on an early morning fishing trip. They came back to the condo they were staying in, and my uncle Bob told my aunt he wasn't feeling well. He got worse, and said he thought he was having a heart attack, my aunt called for my mom (a registered nurse) and they called 911. Unfortunately, despite the efforts of my mom and the paramedics and hospital staff, my Uncle Bob didn't make it. He was 51 years old. I had not had someone very close to me die before. I've been keeping myself so busy for the last week, that I haven't done a whole lot of crying. It really doesn't seem real that he is gone. The services are this weekend, and I'll be flying to Phoenix to attend. My mom said since I'm the "spiritual" one in the family, that I should write something for the funeral. Anyway, not the best of posts, but even through all this - I know that God is still on the throne, still in control, and still Lord of my life, and that he uses all things for the good of those who love him. Even though it may not feel like it, I know that his word is true, and that even in this tragedy, that he will turn it for good. I'd appreciate your prayers for my family at this time, we all just need the comfort of the Lord. We're really going to miss our Uncle Bob!

3 comments:

Johanna said...

Seems like everyone has an Uncle Bob. I'm sorry to hear he passed away so suddenly. I'm sure you did very well with your words at the funeral. :.)

I'm glad to hear you are doing well in motown. I giggled at your encounter with the bee. I hate flying things (especially in my car), too. :.) If you want to check out my real blog (I don't use my blogger one anymore), here it is: xanga.com/joey5176.

Cheers and blessings to you, dear friend! ;.)

Holly said...

oh Aimee...I just read this and it's 5 days later. how was the funeral?
I don't know what to say or do but you hang in there. Christ knows what you're feeling -

Sara said...

Hey, so sorry to hear about your uncle. My prayers are with you and your family. Thanks for stopping by my blog, it is good to hear from you again. I heard you are coming (came?) to the springs. Let me know if you are coming, it would be great to see you again :)

hugs