CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

9.14.2008

A Grandpa Story

My mom, my aunt and my grandma basically took care of my grandpa in the weeks before his death. My mom told me this story that happened just a few days before he died.

Hy mom and Grandpa were in his bedroom doing something and Grandpa said, "Now, Liz, there is a gun and magazine (clip) under the bed. I don't want Aimee to come in here while she is playing and get a hold of it." My grandpa was thinking I was still a child. He was suffering from terminal dementia my mom called it. When they asked him the date he replied March 1985. I would have been 7.

"Okay, dad," my mom said and she lifted the mattress to look for the gun.

"UNDER the bed, Liz UNDER the bed. Would you listen to me?!" cried my grandpa.

So my mom climbed down on her hands and knees and looked not expecting to find anything, but sure enough there was a pistol and the magazine clip under the bed.

Just wanted to remember that story later, so I posted it here. :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

sweet.
(like, the 'cool' sorta sweet, not the 'ahh' sort of sweet)
SWEET!

Sara said...

we just learned that my grandma has either early stages dementia or Alzhimers--it's hard to talk to her because some things come out normal and she knows us, and then she's not in the now.

But it is nice to know he was concerned for you :)