CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

2.06.2008

Another week

So another week has passed, thought I'd give you an update on my weigh in last night...ready? Drum roll please: 1.6 pounds lost for a total of 11.2 pounds in 3 weeks. I'd like for it to be coming off faster, but I'll take what I can get!!

Also I have my bible study tomorrow night. We're going through 2 Peter 2, and I came across this verse that really made me think: "But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens exsisted and the earth was formed out of water and by water." (2 Pet 2:5) Perhaps not as striking a verse as others, but this one really got me thinking. It says that 'they deliberately forget' God's word and that He is the one who created the world. (Who are "They"? "They" are the scoffers and mockers who doubt God, and speak against his coming.) Anyway - someone who deliberately forgets something doesn't forget it on accident. They make a decision that they are no longer going to believe something, and they forget the things they used to believe. In this case, man had to come up with something to explain away God's account of the creation of the world. What did man come up with? Evolution. These people deliberately forgot what God's word said and how God said HE created the world in 7 days, and they came up with their own explanation of how things came to be...and now - evolution is being taught as fact. Oh, they say its a theory of evolution, but most people today believe that it is fact. That you and I evolved from monkeys and that the biblical story of creation is just that. A story.

There was a lot more in those few little verses...I'll share more that I got from them later! :)

2 comments:

The AB club said...

What an interesting insight. I had never thought of it that way.

Glad to hear the weight loss is going well. Keep up the discipline, 1 Tim 4:7-8. The weight loss is great but the self control has eternal value. God is certainly glorified when we say no to the flesh and yes to the spirit. Ok, I'm stopping now before I get too convicted. love, Becca

Holly said...

great job!!!