CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.27.2008

Weight Watchers...

Okay, so I've been saying for months (or years) that I need to lose weight. This fall I had an experience that made me say, Okay, I really do need to lose weight. So you know those old country pumpkin patches that you used to go to as a kid? Well this year my family went, and took Noelle to Schnepps farm here in Gilbert. It was a really cool place. They had a pumpkin patch and a train and lots of little carnival type rides. Noelle was so excited to go and ride all the rides, but as soon as we got there, she didn't want to ride on anything. So me, being the best aunt in the world that I am, decided I would ride the giant swing to show Noelle how much fun it is. I got on the swing, a bit of a squeeze, I might add, but that wasn't the problem. As I was getting off the swing at the end of the ride, I stood up, and the swing seat was firmly stuck to my rump. It was like one of those cartoons where I big kid sits in a baby seat and the baby seat gets stuck to the big kids butt. You might be thinking to yourself, Oh my goodness how embarassing. And you'd be right. It sucked. But that was the straw that broke tha camels back, I guess.

So I decided at the first of the year that I would join Weight Watchers. And I did. My initial weigh was a huge suprise. I didn't know I weighed that much. I had always hovered around 220 lbs. or so, this was a bit more than that. In fact, I weighed the most I've ever weighed in my life. But that is why I was there in the first place. The first week was okay on the program was not too bad. So, last Tuesday night was my first weigh in. Want to know the results? I went in praying I hadn't gained anything. I couldn't imagine I had lost anything because of all I had eaten. I did lose though. I lost 8 pounds. I demanded a recount. I couldn't believe it. I'll keep you posted. I have a big goal - I want to lose 75 pounds. (according to their little calculations, I need to lose over 100 pounds to be in "normal" range, but when have I ever been normal. So, I'll keep you up to date. I told myself that once I get under 200 I'll join softball again. I love playing softball! And Its great exercise! Okay, i've rambled on long enough! Let me know how you're doing!

1 comments:

The AB club said...

You inspire me Aimee. I need to get on the healthy band wagon, but I so love my chocolate and sugar. I've been challenged lately with how much I love my sweets. I would hope if it came down to it I would choose my Savior over sweets, but daily I choose the sugar over self control. This is a daily reoccurance of me repenting of my sin and pressing forward for the prize before me. Keep me posted on your progress