CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

1.14.2008

2 Peter 1:3

So I was laying in bed this morning unable to go back to sleep and was thinking about God (and I wasn't even mad at him that it happened to be at 4:45 in the morning!) In my bible study this past week, we were in 2 Peter 1, and a verse really kind of stuck out to me, and I thought I'd share it with you.

2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who caled us by his own glory and goodness.

I think my favorite part are the first three words, "His divine power." Its not by my power or my strength that I can be godly, only his power can do that. How many times have I heard that I can't live a life that holy and pleasing to him in my own strength, and how many times do I still try to do it. And then get upset at myself when I fail. I tell you - what I really need is for God's word to get all up in me, and for me to draw upon the strength it provides rather than try to do it on my own strength.

I know there is another verse about that somewhere, but its still really early, and just because I'm not mad at God for waking me up this early doesn't mean I'm real happy about it either...

:)

2 comments:

The AB club said...

Isn't God's word amazing. You can dig and dig and always find something new. I'm so glad we serve a infinite God who surpasses all human wisdom and knowledge. Keep up your diligence in studying. love, Becca

The AB club said...

I was just looking at your list of pages of people you love. I feel so loved. thanks