CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

11.14.2007

Scary Prayers

I need more faith. I just do. I don't want sway like the reeds when trials come, I want to be firm and grounded in what I believe and Who I believe in. So I thought to myself, I need to pray for faith. Now, praying for faith is a scary thing. Its like praying for patience. You pray for patience and God brings along a situation that requires you to be patient (like waiting 2 months for the Detroit Utility company to turn off the electricity at the house that you've not lived in for 8 weeks!! oh, but thats a different story...I digress). I'm pretty sure that its the same thing with faith. I ask God to strengthen my faith and the next thing I know I'm in some horrible situation that requires me to use my faith. I don't want all that - just the faith. I don't want to have to actually go through something just to get faith. Sometimes I wish God had a drive through where I could go and order up some faith minus the trials and tribulations, a side of blessings and living water to drink, and why not go ahead and super size that for me today. Ha ha ha. Thats like....spiritual steroids. We'd rather go the easy route and not have to work as hard for what we want. I know we've heard it said before, that faith is like a muscle- we have to use it to strengthen it. Use it or lose it. Nobody wants to go through trials. I don't hear people in church asking for God to bring trouble into their lives...and yet I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that its through these times that God exercises our faith and builds it and makes it stronger. I say all of that to get to my point...I'm going to be praying for faith. I'm telling you all this now so that when my 'faith building' trials come, we'll know why. Now, just pray in my behalf that the Big Guy goes easy on me....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new banner! I love your blog! I prayed something similar the other day. God I only want this if You are in this. Well, it seemed like He was in it and then it was taken away. Heart breaking I cried out to God. Not sure all the answers are clear yet, but I know I need to have faith that God did or is still answering my prayer that I only want this if it is of you God. And so I wait and pray for faith.
Lots of Hugs,
Sarah

Sara said...

Lovely new look :)

Yeah- I know those prayers, and I hate the wrenching feeling of praying them when I know darn well what they might bring. But we pray anyway and grit our teeth and brace ourselves for the wave. And while I know God doesn't give us more than we can handle, I sometimes wish he didn't think so well of me. I'll be praying for and with you on this one- hang on!

Holly said...

ok, didn't have time to read the entry but I NEED your help with how you did that awesome banner.
I am just not figuring it out on my own and I am trying dag gumit!