CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

7.23.2007

Blah, blah, blah...

And now its time for another update that can only be considered an update in the most general of terms as, technically, there is no ‘up’ to ‘date.’ Ha ha ha, I know…that makes no sense, but it was fun to write anyway. What I meant is that there isn’t much going on here. I started going through my things this weekend. I’m not driving to Phoenix when I go; I’m shipping my car and flying out there. This means I can’t load my car up with my stuff, and so I have to ship everything out there. This also means, I’m getting rid of most everything I own because I don’t really want to mail it all. So, as I’m going through my stuff I begin to find stuff that I’ve held on to for several moves now, and I think – I’ve not used this in two or three years….I’m getting rid of it. Okay, that’s hard for me guys! Like I had a whole box of stationary that I’ve had for a really long time, probably like 5 years or so….have any of you ever received a card or letter from me? NO!! So, that’s going. My electric guitar (that I really don’t even know how to play…) and my amp are going. Hopefully I can sell those. My bed, dishes, futon, table, chairs, my beloved Tupperware furniture...all going. I hope to have a garage sale, or find someone who really needs it and I can give it to them. Anyway, that was my Saturday. Sunday I drove around looking for boxes in dumpsters around where I live. I didn’t find any. I didn’t look hard, though, so that could be a reason. So, with no boxes to put it in, I have piles of this crap lying around my house. And if that weren’t enough, my mom called on Saturday and said, “Its 102 degrees here today, but its not that bad, and you can go sit in the pool and cool off and…..blah, blah blah.” I said, “Mom, I’m already moving out there, okay? You don’t have to lie to me anymore about how the heat isn’t that bad, because I already know its going to be miserable…” She laughed and said, “Yeah, its pretty miserable…” Great, I think I'd rather her go back to lying...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aimee,

What huge changes. I need to read your blog more to keep up. :-)

I have empathy flooding through me. I've been there - moving, following God, moving home. Whew. It's a ride, both good and bad - at least for me.

Remember this ... not sure when God gave it to me, but it became my mantra ... God will not give you stones when you ask for bread.

Well, that's my Christian fortune cookie advice for you.

And, just think of how perfect you can become at imitating the wicked witch of the west, "I'm melting .... I'm melting ..."

--Ashley

BrendaB said...

Aimee...

I love the vision you gave me of you going from dumpster to dumpster... that is going to keep me laughing for the rest of the day! :)

Sara said...

Yea for getting rid of stuff you don't use. Honestly, most of my stuff is still in storage from when I packed for Africa, and I wonder if I shouldn't just toss it all (some days I find this really tempting).

When you get to AZ, call and I'll send a cool mountain breeze to help keep you going!